In response to demand for my workshops and masterclasses on Rosenshine’s Principles of Instruction, I’ve recorded a screen capture of me talking through the slides I use for my one-day events.
I have posted the links on youtube in a playlist that can be found here:
There is 2 1/2 hours of material there so take your time to browse.
If you would like to book me for in-school CPD please do – just follow the teacherhead-consulting tab at the top of this website.
If you want bulk copies of the Rosenshine booklet email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss a discount offer. Or order your own copy here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rosenshines-Principles-Action-Tom-Sherrington/dp/1912906201
Update: Video Booklets.
I’m delighted that AHT, Claire Grimes, has made a superb workbook to go with each of these videos. They walk through each of the youtube videos linked above with a series of thoughtful reflection activities and prompts. After 15,000 free downloads, Claire has now published the booklet with John Catt as a companion to the Rosenshine in Action booklet.
Books are available for £3 each from https://www.johncattbookshop.com/rosenshine-s-principles-in-action-the-workbook. You can contact email@example.com for bulk discounts. Huge thanks to Claire for making these and sharing them so generously for so long.
You might also like to check back in with the Rosenshine blogs I’ve written and other related posts connected to the videos:
- Exploring Barak Rosenshine’s seminal Principles of Instruction: Why it is THE must-read for all teachers.
- Re-reading Nuthall’s Hidden Lives of Learners. Insights from a classic.
- A model for the learning process. And why it helps to have one.
- Introducing MARGE: A superb ebook about learning by Arthur Shimamura.
- Rosenshine’s Principles: 10 FAQs.
- Are Rosenshine’s Principles “just common sense”? #rED19
- Applying Rosenshine’s Principles to specific contexts.
- Revisiting Dylan Wiliam’s Five Brilliant Formative Assessment Strategies.
- Check for Understanding… why it matters and how to do it. #rEDSurrey21
- Five Ways to: Do Daily Review
- Five Ways to: Check for Understanding
Here is the session I did for ResearchEdHome with a focus on curriculum.