you're reading...
Teaching and Learning, Uncategorized

Rosenshine Masterclass Captured. Free CPD!

In response to demand for my workshops and masterclasses on Rosenshine’s Principles of Instruction, I’ve recorded a screen capture of me talking through the slides I use for my one-day events.

The slides are available here

I have posted the links on youtube in a playlist that can be found here:

There is 2 1/2 hours of material there so take your time to browse.

If you would like to book me for in-school CPD please do – just follow the teacherhead-consulting tab at the top of this website.

If you want bulk copies of the Rosenshine booklet email as@johncatt.com to discuss a discount offer.  Or order your own copy here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rosenshines-Principles-Action-Tom-Sherrington/dp/1912906201

Update: Video Booklets.

I’m delighted that AHT, Claire Grimes, has made a superb workbook to go with each of these videos.  They walk through each of the youtube videos linked above with a series of thoughtful reflection activities and prompts.   After 15,000 free downloads, Claire has now published the booklet with John Catt as a companion to the Rosenshine in Action booklet.

Books are available for £3 each from https://www.johncattbookshop.com/rosenshine-s-principles-in-action-the-workbook. You can contact as@johncatt.com for bulk discounts. Huge thanks to Claire for making these and sharing them so generously for so long.

You might also like to check back in with the Rosenshine blogs I’ve written and other related posts connected to the videos:

Here is the session I did for ResearchEdHome with a focus on curriculum.

Discussion

23 thoughts on “Rosenshine Masterclass Captured. Free CPD!

1. This sounds great, thank you! But the link to the playlist didn’t work for me.

I found this by searching, which I assume is what it was pointing to?

Kind regards, Annette

Liked by 1 person

Posted by Annette | March 17, 2020, 3:02 pm
  2. Morning,

I hope you are well and apologies for disturbing during this time of uncertainty.

I had the pleasure of attending Tom Sherrington’s event on “Planning and Delivering a Knowledge Rich Curriculum’ recently (last Friday ); Tom said that he would share his slides from this event. Would it be possible to have these please.

Take care and keep safe,

Many thanks Anita

Anita Croft Associate Principal SCWA

[image: Inline images 1]

Posted by anitacroftscwaorguk | March 20, 2020, 12:34 pm
  3. Thanks for the great video!!!

Liked by 1 person

Posted by CD International School | March 24, 2020, 6:01 am
  4. Thanks for the CPD – very informative.

Liked by 1 person

Posted by Jonathan Hood | March 25, 2020, 10:58 am
  5. Afternoon,

Sorry to bother again. Would it be possible to have these slides emailed over as I am keen to use them with some of our curriculum design work from next week.

I hope you are ok,

Best wishes Anita

Anita Croft Associate Principal SCWA

[image: Inline images 1]

Posted by anitacroftscwaorguk | March 27, 2020, 1:30 pm
  6. Thank you! I have your books and follow your blog. I am so happy to have access to this material.

Liked by 1 person

Posted by Sherry Bandy | March 31, 2020, 12:24 pm
  7. Hi!
    Just a question: Is there a certificate for completing this course?
    Kind Regards,
    Kubra

Posted by kubragul1 | April 13, 2020, 8:48 am

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Pingback: Bring on the Maths | Mathematics, Learning and Technology - March 22, 2020

2. Pingback: Resources for professional learning 1 – Forth Valley & West Lothian Regional Improvement Collaborative - March 23, 2020

3. Pingback: Welcome to our school’s online Professional Development Learning Resource | SASB High School's Professional Development Learning Resource for Staff - March 30, 2020

4. Pingback: Lockdown CPD: Rodenshine masterclass by Tom Sherrington – teachingandlearningblog - April 8, 2020

5. Pingback: CPD opportunities during the lockdown! – Black Teachers Connect - April 10, 2020

6. Pingback: The Only Educator CPD Course List You’ll Need! - April 24, 2020

7. Pingback: Free CPD List – TeaPD Online - April 27, 2020

8. Pingback: How can teachers develop during the lockdown? CPD resources for professional learning in the pandemic | joannemilesconsulting - April 28, 2020

9. Pingback: CPD notes during lockdown | Jan's CPD Blog - April 29, 2020

10. Pingback: Remote Teaching Tips and Advice - Maths In Context - April 30, 2020

11. Pingback: Rosenshine in Action. A year on | teacherhead - May 17, 2020