Great Lessons at the Festival of Education
SSAT National Conference December 2012
My maiden speech in the House of Commons!!
Assessment and Accountability. An AQA Gathering
Meeting Bill Rogers One of my all time biggest ‘meet your hero’ moments.
With @Edutronic_Net in his wonderful classroom
If you find some of the ideas expressed in this blog useful, it could be that your school or organisation could benefit from the services of @teacherhead-consulting. Please contact me to discuss how we could work together. I am based in London but I’d happily travel to work anywhere in the UK or around the world.
Here is a brief summary of some of the areas I might be able to support you with:
Consultancy Support for Senior and Middle Leaders:
Delivering one-off training sessions, audits of current practice with a report and recommendations; working with individuals and teams for a day or with multiple visits over the space of several months:
- Strategic reviews, monitoring processes and intervention plans – at whole-school or departmental level.
- Curriculum Planning: How to balance breadth and depth at whole-school level; possibly introducing the National Baccalaureate to your school.
- Authentic Assessment: Making assessment meaningful for you, your students and parents at KS3 and beyond.
- Implementing an excellent research-informed CPD programme:
- Vision and Reality: Balancing the desire to deliver on your vision whilst meeting the demands of the accountability regime.
CPD for Teachers:
From a one-off keynote address to fire people up to a series of bespoke training sessions working with the whole staff or smaller groups, I can offer training in a range of areas:
- Teaching Great Lessons: An overview of the principles of effective practice.
- “Contemporary Educational Ideas all Teachers Should Know About”
- The Silver Arrows: Simple ideas to have immediate impact.
- Teaching for stretch and challenge.
- Behaviour Management – designing whole-school systems and putting the ideas of Bill Rogers and others into practice in the classroom.
- Becoming research-engaged; staying in touch with the latest thinking and how to make use of it.
- Feedback for maximum impact and minimum workload. How to reduce marking and make your school feedback policy coherent and effective.
Governor and/or SLT Support:
- Recruitment and performance review processes – I can bring my expertise to support you as an external voice.
- Understanding Progress 8, RaiseOnline and assessment data in general.
- Disciplinary Processes with students or staff – if you need an independent panel member, I know how these things are done.
- Independent monitoring visits leading to comprehensive reports with suggested actions, possibly useful as an Ofsted-readiness check.
If you need help with writing your vision document, generating exciting copy for your website or if you are struggling to produce a school development plan, I could help.
If you are interested and would like to discuss possibilities including costs and timing, please contact me via the form below: