If you find some of the ideas expressed in this blog useful, it could be that your school or organisation could benefit from the services of @teacherhead-consulting. Please contact me to discuss how we could work together. I am based in London but I’d happily travel to work anywhere in the UK or around the world.
Below is a brief summary of some of the areas I might be able to support you with. You can also see a sample of the work I’ve already being doing on this blog. I can provide testimonials from previous clients on request.
UK, Ireland and Channel Islands. 2018.
Consultancy Support for Senior and Middle Leaders:
Delivering bespoke long-term training programmes, one-off training sessions, audits of current practice with a report and recommendations; working with individuals and teams for a day or with multiple visits over the space of several months:
- Strategic reviews, monitoring processes and intervention plans – at whole-school or departmental level.
- Curriculum Planning: How to balance breadth and depth at whole-school level; possibly introducing the National Baccalaureate to your school.
- Authentic Assessment: Making assessment meaningful for you, your students and parents at KS3 and beyond.
- Implementing an excellent research-informed CPD programme:
CPD for Teachers:
From a one-off keynote address to fire people up to a series of bespoke training sessions working with the whole staff or smaller groups, I can offer training in a range of areas:
- Teaching Great Lessons: An overview of the principles of effective practice.
- “Contemporary Educational Ideas all Teachers Should Know About”: I have expertise in implementing research-informed teaching in several settings.
- The Silver Arrows: Simple ideas to have immediate impact.
- Teaching for stretch and challenge or ‘teaching to the top’ – one of my most common requests.
- Behaviour Management – designing whole-school systems and putting the ideas of Bill Rogers and others into practice in the classroom.
- Becoming research-engaged; staying in touch with the latest thinking and how to make use of it.
- Assessment and feedback for maximum impact and minimum workload. How to reduce marking and make your school feedback policy coherent and effective.
Here are a couple of Sample Programmes:
Governor and/or SLT Support:
- School Improvement Partner (SIP) work. I have some capacity to support more schools with multiple visits per year culminating in an annual report.
- Recruitment and performance review processes – I can bring my expertise to support you as an external voice.
- Understanding Progress 8, RaiseOnline and assessment data in general.
If you need help with writing your vision document, generating exciting copy for your website or if you are struggling to produce a school development plan, I could help.
If you are interested and would like to discuss possibilities including costs and timing, please contact me via the form below:
From Toronto to Bangkok via Europe and the Middle East 2018